Monday, October 13, 2008

The Punishment Part II- The Reaction

I just had to share this because it reconfirmed to me that everything we did with Judah yesterday was the right thing. After the initial tears and carrying on he got over it and got on with the jobs at hand. He weeded the front yard for a good hour and a half and not once did he complain. Then it was dinner time and we all had cheese crisps (fajita's for Murray and I) which are one of Judah's favourite (I promised I didn't plan it that way) and ice cream for sweets. Well Judah sat there and ate his bowl of rice and not one single time did he winge or complain, but instead he happily chatted with us. When the ice cream was served and he didn't get any he just said "OK" and happily finished his rice. As Murray and I were tucking him into bed in his VERY empty room, you will never believe what he said. He gave us the biggest hug and said, "I have the bestest mummy and daddy in the whole world!!! I love you!!!!" There was no bitterness or anger, he accepted the punishment and with love and kindness took on the consequences of his decision. I am so proud of him and I have absolute confidence that many lessons were learnt yesterday, by all of us! :O)

1 comments:

Sara said...

now that i have tears running down my face...what great lessons for not just your family, but for us all. All I can say is job well done and amen for the previous post :)