Saturday, October 4, 2008

out of the mouth of babes...

"Mummy, I hope daddy gave you an X chromosome so that the boys and girls will be even in our family."

Yes, those are the exact words my five year old son had to say last night after finding out that we are having a baby. Don't ask me where he gets this stuff, but he does certainly get it and I think that the national geographic is going to be more monitored from now on. You see yesterday I had my blood work taken for the pregnancy and the kids couldn't get over the bandages on my arm. So after many digging questions we decided we would just let them in on the seceret.

I wish I had a video camera going because the looks of surprise on their faces where just priceless. Heidi's eyes were as big as saucers as she looked at my belly with excitment, folllowed by "God REALLY put a baby in there just like I prayed!!!" Wesley was washed along the tide of excitment and was very excited even though I don't think he really gets it. And Judah was beside himself with glee. As we were watching a movie together last night, Judah screamed in terror as Wesley jumped on my lap. "HE"S GOING TO SMUSH THE BABY!!!!" After some serious reassurance he trusted us when we said they could sit on my lap without worries. Judah also reminded me that I couldn't have a beer with daddy because alcohol can get through the placenta and can hurt the baby.... So if I have any questions during my pregnancy I will be checking with Judah since he seems to be the resident expert...teeheee :O)

So the cat is out of the bag, and I have a feeling I will have some very funny antics to share between now and the arrival of our little gem. Hope these ones brought as big a smile to your face as they did to mine.

2 comments:

Sara said...

What a little doctor, I think that he is going to more helpful than ever...i can't wait to hear what else he has to say...now the question is, Did Heidi pray for a boy or a girl???

Unknown said...

I love the beer comment, too funny! Yeah I think you might have a future OBGYN on your hands! ;)