Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wet clothes!!!


Ok I have this problem. In the scheme of world problems it's insgnificant, but in the scheme of my world it's huge!!! You see I have the most tempermental washing machine. At the end of each cycle it overflows if you aren't standing there to turn the water off. On top of that I live in Australia where driers aren't really a part of every household. I also live in Perth were it rains for weeks on end during the winter. So here is my big problem I haven't done washing for a week due to rain and in a family of five that means the washing pile turns into Mt Washmore!!!! So the skys were blue this morning, even had a full rainbow so I have been doing washing ALL day. 6 Loads to be exact. My washing machinge has only overflowed twice today which is annoying but not a huge dilema because I could at least wash the now wet clothes in the next load. This is when my "big" problem became huge!!! Yep, you guessed it, it started to rain. So I know have 6 drenched loads on the line, not getting dry, one load in the washing machine, and 3 loads still left to do that are sopping wet from the washing machine overflowing. On top of all of that, this last time the washing machine overflowed I didn't catch it in time and I now have to rip up all the linoleom (sp?) in the laundry room and dry the concrete and lay it all back down again!!!! CAN YOU SEE MY FRUSTRATION!!!"


So as i sit here listening to the rain I'm trying to see the positive in all of this..... wait.....here it comes.... still thinking.....NOPE, not finding any postives at all!!! It just sucks in an all around sort of way. I feel a little bit better for having a moan about it, but my washing is still wet, so is the laundry floor (oh yeah and the extra towels that now need washing because they were used to mop up the mess) and the forecast for the next 3 days is still rain. So to all of my lovely friends who are sitting in hot, dry Phoenix complaining about the heat, please, Please, PLEASE pray for God to send just a bit this way so I can dry my clothes!!! and I will do my very best to send some of this misserably cold, wet weather your way.OK, OK, I will stop my complaining and try to go get the fire started so at least I will be warm!!!! Love you All!!!

3 comments:

RachelM said...

love you and praying! Ya, I usually have a hard time trying to figure out how James 1 is supposed to apply to my mini crisis too... you can take our dryness out here any day.
I got your note about your dream! BEcky and I have been dying to plan a west side reunion for forever. The SECOND you know when you are going to be back in town for anything, let me know and Ill plan it!

Unknown said...

Oh my poor poor friend, I would be curled up in a ball in the corner by now! :( It's just non stop for you!! I'll pray for some dryness so your clothes and laundry room can dry. Keep your chin up!

Sara said...

I would love to switch weather with you for a while :), I will pray that maybe you could be blessed with a new non overflowing washer as well...I hope that that the rain stops so you have some clothes to wear...thanks also for the website, she is really good...was she in Maggie's wedding with us???She looks familiar...love and dry thoughts