Friday, August 8, 2008

Pillowcase Dream






I saw the cutest idea the other day and I just had to try it. It was the most beautiful little girls summer dress made out of a pillowcase. They used pretty embroidered ones from the thrift store or antique shops. So before I hit the thrift store I thought I would try it with one I had in the cupboard. The whole project took just over an hour, but I'm sure it could be done quicker as I did a fancy scallop edging along the neckline and was a little bit creative with the sleeves. Anywhere here is the link for any of you with little girls that are crafty and want to give it a go. http://annamariahorner.com/pillowcase.dress.by.annamaria.pdf










I had to take pictures to share and in the process came up with some of the most adorablly dreamy photos of Heidi and Wesley playing in my curtains, so I now I have to share those too. And while I'm busy posting pics I thought I would post some of my bedroom makeover. I did the whole thing for less then a hundred dollars (yeeaahh for bargain shopping) and I'm just in love with it. Our room has always been the dumping ground for clutter and has really never been given it's own decorating attention. But no more!!! It's our beautiful retreat now, and once we get a little extra cash I'm going to find two old wooden chairs and paint it the same colour blue and upholster the seat cushion in black fabric with big white polk-a-dots. Then we will have a little place to drink our tea and read together at night... doesn't that sound wonderful:O) The finishing touches will be a crystal lamp on each table, a white painted wooden wreath for the middle of the wall and, if I can find one, (maybe Ikea) a pretty crystal chandalier for the ceiling... untill then it still looks fabulous compared to what it was before!!!



Hope you are having a great day, lots of love from the Henederson Circus!!!

2 comments:

RachelM said...

i LOVE cheap room redos! I must have ADD because i have to change SOME room every couple of years. I think its my creative outlet:) I love your colors, and those pics of the kids are fabulous!

Sara said...

oh Diana, this is too funny...I just made McKenna two pillowcase dresses yesterday...and yes they are super easy. We are getting ready to head out to move my sister back up to NAU so I am going to post pics of them when I get back. Great minds think alike, and I love the new bedroom, makeovers are so fun!!!