Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Very Hungry Catepillar






Last week Judah came home and said "Oh yeah tomorrow is dress up for book week". Now I have to admit that I received a letter weeks ago about it, but totally forgot. So I asked Judah what storybook character he wanted to be, figuring that I could use one of the many, many costumes my kids have in the dress up box. But of course my son being my son wanted to be nothing other then "the very hungry cateprillar". Not one of the bears from Goldilocks, not a tiger, or a prince, but "the very hungry catepillar"!!!! So off to the fabric store I went hoping to find some inspiration. Well I did. This cute floro green fabric was on sell for $10 for a remnant piece, so with that, a green towel, a couple of felt squares, a few buttons and a green jumper and trakky pants (sweats for you americans), this is what I came up with. I have to say humbly speeking I am quite impressed with how it turned out!!!! Not only did Judah love it but he also received the most original costume award for the whole school. Not bad for a throw together the night before. Now I wondering how in the world am I going to top this next year!!! :O) So out of curiousity, since those who know me know that I have a complete love affair with children's books, what character would you or your kids want to be for book week?!?!

2 comments:

RachelM said...

i love it! i dont know which one i would pick...now im going to be thinking about it all night:)

Unknown said...

Great job Diana! That turned out amazing!