Saturday, August 2, 2008

Femantle, Oh Fremantle!!!!



I'm in love with someone, whose not my husband!!!! Ok it's more like somewhere, then someone, but Freo is so alive. It has it's very own unique pulse, and personality, and flavour. As I walked down the streets it's like getting to know a person. The fashion and food, oh and don't forget the AMAZING arcitechture that surrounds you. It all has its own unique flavours, and smells, and looks that are so uniquely Fremantle. Then there is the river and shipping yard with the most massive "flock" of steel cranes and cargo ships,and when you see this part of Freo you meet downtown Freo's lover who is masculine and strong and in control, and yet in it's own way has a breathtaking beauty.

If you haven't guessed I had the most wonderful time in Freo with the girls. We had so much fun shopping and picking food of eachothers plates. We chatted, giggled, and at times laughed so hard we could barely breath. We played board games, sat in the hot tub till our hands were prunes, drank a little more Sangria then we probabbly should have, and yet at the same time shared our souls and dreams with eachother. We encourage eachother in light of blaring insecurities and motivated eachother to keep reaching for our dreams. It was so fun getting to know eachother better just by watching which clothes we liked in the boutiques, or which delactable item we chose to buy from the open markets. I think it is safe to say that all of our souls were renewed and encouraged. It really was magical.

So as promised I have some pics to post. I found two FABULOUS hats but allas no yellow polk-a-dot shoes were to be found. I did find a red pair, but there were none in my size. Hope you enjoy the pics. Lots of Love!!! xoxox

One of the Markets

My Fav Shop

Don't you just LOVE the lamp shade!!!!




The Punk Rock Bag-Piper... flames came out of the back of his pipes!!!!


I loved the brick work on this house


Our hotel

Of course I couldn't forget us girls


And last but not least, the new hats :O)

1 comments:

Sara said...

I love, love, love that brown hat, you look so amazing in it. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time and got to giggle and get some girl time in. What an amazing place...I bet you feel a little revived and ready to jump back in to mommyhood again full force. Hugs...wish I could have gone with you...